Monday, May 16, 2011

A day at the spa

Although I would like to tell you that my day was stress free, and filled with pampering, it was only MOSTLY stress free.  I found out last week that there was a leak in the freon line going in to the house.  That came with mixed feelings.  Happiness, that I finally knew why my house would never get cold; Sadness when I realized how much such a thing would cost me.  A/C repair can be quite the racket.  Although, on a hot and sunny day, I can imagine that some people would be willing to pay twice as much to sleep outside of an oven.

Now that I have the "work" type stuff out of the way, I will tell everyone about my trip to the spa.  I am not usually the type to indulge in spa days, but for some reason this sounded like something I needed to try.  Not knowing what I was getting myself into, I brought a book and a swimsuit.  I knew that I was going in for several different things, but I will be damned if I knew what the dress code was.

I started off my adventure with a nice pedicure.  They soak your feet with your choice of scents (not sure if I can tell the difference) and then they give you the standard pedicure that most women have indulged in once or twice in their life.  After the glorious pedicure was complete, I started into the unknown territory.  The hydro-therapy.  This was a little intimidating.  You go into a room that contains something that looks like an escape pod from a spaceship.  After putting on a hilariously small outfit (the details of that outfit will go with me to my grave) you climb into the escape pod and have it close around your whole body leaving only your head out in the open.  The water jets start, and it feels like being caught out in the rain.  Like you have gone to the water park, only to have the weather not cooperate.  It was a very gentle and calming feeling.  Then the massage jets start, and you feel like you are  trapped in a sprinkler.  It's isn't a bad thing, it is just odd.  The rhythmic water spurts start to play a beat within your own head.  The water jets take a break so that you can have a whole body exfoliation.  It is slightly abrasive, but wonderful.  The water jets start back up again to rinse off the exfoliate, and then the jets stop again long enough to put a layer of oil on. I am almost certain that the amount of oil on my skin made me look like I was looking for the runner-up prize at a local body-building competition, it definitely made me feel comfortable. 

After drinking a couple glasses of water I headed into another room and started a massage.  When I ordered this spa package, I was unaware the length of each service that was going to be provided.  The massage ended up being 2 hours.  Without a doubt, the longest massage that I have ever had.  All said and done, I spent 5 hours at the spa.  It is a day that will not be trumped any time soon.  I guess I started off my vacation on a good note.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....wish I could have gone with you! Sounds like a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete