Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Vacation is not always relaxation

Other than my Mom's birthday (Happy Birthday Mom!), today will also be known as Menard's day.  I asked dad last night if he would be so kind as to bring over his roto-tiller when he came over this morning so that I could start up the garden this morning.  Before dad arrived, I went to Menard's to pick up garden soil, and seeds of all varieties.  Kevin and I got back and put all the recently purchased items close to the garden, and I waited for dad to get to the house.  Around 10:30 am or so, he pulls up and we start talking about what parts we will need for installing the new washer and dryer that I purchased a week or so ago.  We promptly left for Menard's...again.

When returned with our armloads of stuff, dad starts working on the installation while I work on the garden.  After I have broken the roto-tiller that came over on the Mayflower, dad comes out and shows me how to fix it.  After it is up and running again, I go in to check on dad's progress.  We realize that we need some different parts and head back towards.....you guessed it...Menard's.

Dad and I split off again.  I planted all of my plants, and vegetables, and looked triumphantly at my accomplishment.
This picture doesn't do it justice.  This years crop will be Onions, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, green beans, peppers, spinach, cilantro, basil, parsley, raspberries, and blackberries.  I will be accepting the donation of more raspberry  bushes from a co-worker after I return to work.  In a few pots, I will be growing calla lilies.

It was time to go back in and check on dad and see how it was coming along.

There he is, working diligently behind the dryer.  He did such an awesome job!  He had to run a whole new gas line, and exhaust for the dryer.  After a short and slightly unnerving gas leak, and one more trip to Menard's

I am now the proud owner of a fully functional washer and dryer. 

Nothing against dad, but I think it would be a lot easier on both of us if I shopped somewhere else that offered installation.....

No comments:

Post a Comment