Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Let the countdown begin

I am hoping that the recent eruption in Iceland won't cause any trouble in the travel department.  I am already nervous enough about a the long flight and how my sanity will hold up during that time.  That being said, I am extremely excited and nervous about the whole endeavour.  I am leaving a lot of people that I really love and cherish back at home to go on what might turn out to be the adventure of a lifetime.

In an attempt to be as sentimental as possible, and also to make everyone know I care, I am going to take a little time to recognize all the people that are making this trip possible and who I am leaving behind. (dramatic, isn't it?)

I was a little nervous about going on this vacation.  I knew that with Mike's new found fear of airplanes (I think he is more afraid of the airport staff) I would be going on this trip without him.  It is going to be difficult going so far away without my partner in crime.  He is always there to understand my jokes, even if they are just clicks and whistles.

My co-workers get to travel with me in spirit.  I know that there is some major jealousy going on, but I know that they wish me the best as well.  They are the best.  It has been really rough not being surrounded by such an awesome group of people every day.  Although waking up later every day has it's perks. :-) 

The family that isn't coming along with me, I know that I have their support and well wishes too.  (there is probably a little jealousy there too)

The ragtag bunch of misfits that will be going with me are Dad, Martha, Missy, Patrick and his girlfriend Genevieve.  When we make it to England, we will be meeting up with Amy who is studying abroad there.  With Missy coming along, I can only imagine how many photos will be taken.  It should be a really good mix of people, and I am sure that we will have a great time.

For the next couple of days I need to do some more shopping and tie up some loose ends.  I have all of my bills paid, so I guess almost everything is just waiting Sunday.  I will keep everyone updated when I start getting closer.

1 comment:

  1. Your family at home is a wee bit envious, but hope you have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete